For what situations is the OdorHog filter intended?
Posted by on
- For situations where the septic gas odor (hydrogen sulfide or "sewer gas") is coming out of the plumbing vent pipes on the roof.
- Filters can also install onto vents that are directly connected to the septic tank.
- Municipal / City-sewer connections can bring sewer gas into the home's plumbing vents. The OdorHog filter has proven beneficial in those cases too.
- Many roof lines can trap or funnel vent pipe gases into the heat pump or air handler, pulling the odors inside the building when the air handler is on.
- Hydrogen sulfide gas is heavier than oxygen so when it is pushed down off the roof by the wind, it can sink and be trapped around the perimeter of the home.